Friday 4 July 2014

Argh.

Ok, so IntelliJ seems nice - creating a new project automatically creates a pretty deep looking nested source structure - as well as a JSP-like template.  There's an on-screen image of a phone which theoretically shows real time changes.

The default new project creates a "Hello World" app - but I can't for the life of me, run the damn thing.  Under the "Run" options I can apparently either target my phone (no thanks) or create an emulated device.  I want this emulated device - but my understanding on how to create one is limited.  And there isn't much help.  So much for figuring things out on my own.

I've found an online tutorial here (http://www.i-programmer.info/programming/android/5887-android-adventures-getting-started-with-android-studio.html).  Let's see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment