Friday 4 July 2014

So, it looks like I'm starting to explore android development.

I've just installed the beta of "Android Studio" - which is apparently NetBeans.  Now I gotta install the Java SDK.

Not a huge fan of this.  My development machine is also my home machine, and given the three zillion security holes (that remain UNPATCHED) which we hear about on a regular basis, I'm antsy about installing it.

I'll bite for now, but I'm probably going to have to invest in a standalone development machine at some point.

Why am I doing this?  Passing interest, mostly.  I've been meaning to break into android development for a while now.  Not that I have any great plans to become a paid developer - but it's neat to take a look.  Plus, it'll be a good learning experience.   How quickly can I learn a new development eco-system?


No comments:

Post a Comment